Komet Medical as Contract Manufacturer.
A perfect partnership with unlimited possibilities.
Gebr. Brasseler and its brand Komet have been established for more than 95 years and the company is still family owned to this day. However, instruments for surgical power systems made in Lemgo are not always branded “Komet Medical”. This is because we manufacture a large part of our products as a contract manufacturer or under private label - and that for good reasons:
In many cases, our customers from the medical technology sector already have a strong brand of their own and need our products as a supplement to their own portfolio.
We act as contract manufacturer and produce according to given specifications while bringing in our own know-how. In this case, our customers own the technical documentation and we implement this in the production.
Apart from contract manufacturing, Komet Medical offers another solution that has shown to be attractive for many customers as regulatory requirements become increasingly more complex: private labeling. Since Komet Medical itself is an “entity placing devices on the market”, we have comprehensive documentation and authorizations for product families from the “powered surgical instruments” range available. The product is labelled with the brand of our customer and the CE mark of Gebr. Brasseler. You might call it “standardized individualization” or customized merchandise.
This makes Komet Medical the ideal partner when it comes to getting the right tools for power systems and implant systems. Everything under one roof and from one source, from the raw material to sterile packed devices.
Profile: Gebr. Brasseler - Komet Medical.
- More than 95 years of experience in the medical technology industry
- Certified according to DIN EN ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 13485:2016 (MDSAP)
- 100 % made in Germany
- Ideal partner for all manufacturers of power systems and implants in medical technology
- Planning, development, construction and production of new or existing precision tools
- Packaging and storage concepts according to customer requirements
- Advice and support concerning marketing material and strategies
- Quality management and documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements
All you need to optimize your product.
Successful Global Players concentrate on their core competencies and are capable of successfully launching their products on the market.
- Orthopedics & traumatology
- ENT surgery
- Oral-Maxillofacial (OMF) surgery
- Hand and foot surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Hip & knee endoprosthesis
We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to precision.
It’s our extraordinary quality that has made us what we are today. That’s why we do everything we can to ensure that we continue setting standards. We invest in new techniques and methods that help us achieve state-of-the-art technology, optimize productivity and adhere to even the tightest possible tolerances on request.
With more than 860 production units and a shop floor of more than 44,500 m² (480,000 sqft.), Komet is one of the largest companies in its sector.
Our unparalleled production facilities include:
- 6-axis grinding machines
- CNC controlled long automatic lathes (up to 32 mm)
- Lathe/milling center with 5 simultaneous axes
- Deep hole drilling / Gun drilling (Q4 2019)
- High-performance phase laser cutting of metal
- Offsetting machines for the production of saw blades
- Special installations for surface treatments (deburring/blasting)
- Laser welding
- Heat treatment/Hardening
- In-house electroplating shop / Diamond coating – 12 grit sizes
- From 25 µ (500 mesh) to 851 µ (20 mesh)
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Passivation (ASTM A967)
- EDM-Wire cutting
- Wire forming
- CMM Inspection
- Electrodynamic testing machine according to ASTM F1717, ASTM F2193, ISO 12189
- Torsion testing machine according to ASTM F543, F1717, ASTM 1789
- Gold plating
- Color coding
- Blasting installations (matting) for rotary instruments
- Laser inscription (depth marking & inscription)
- Clean room, ISO class 7 with validated packaging concepts
Komet Medical not only offers you a tailor-made solution for your instruments, but we also develop and design the perfect packaging solution together, with you, to make sure that your product arrives safely at your premises and/or is successfully launched on the market.
You can choose between safe transport packaging – if final packing is to take place at your own facility – and sterile or non-sterile ready-for-sale packaging.
Should you decide to entrust us with the final packaging process, we will develop a packing concept with you that perfectly suits your requirements. Again, the options are unlimited, from a cardboard box designed to your specifications to the label.
It goes without saying that we provide the necessary validations including all simulations and valid test procedures.
A successful partnership is based on perfect planning. That’s why at Komet Medical, we start all joint projects with a binding check list compiled in cooperation with our customers. This is followed by “front loading”. All specifications right down to the packaging and shipment concept are clarified during the front loading phase which is the indispensable precondition for perfect and timely project management.
After that, a team of developers, technicians, packaging managers and controllers jointly defines the concrete implementation of the project. This comprises a detailed offer, a project plan and the reservation of the required production capacities.
Regulatory compliance & quality management.
There are very few markets where the demands placed on manufacturers and providers are greater than in the medical sector, both of whom are expected to shoulder a lot of responsibility.
That’s why perfect quality management and complete, uncompromising documentation are essential parts of the value added chain. Our team of almost 30 staff members ensures that all national and international standards, laws and provisions are complied with and that the technical documentations are compiled and updated according to the regulations set by the relevant authorities. Furthermore, they make sure that all processes are continuously optimized and that the efficiency of the quality management system is maintained at all times.
FMEAs, risk management, process, cleaning and packaging validation, statistical process control (SPC/CAQ) and CAD/CAM integrated processes - all these are part of the complete service package, available from Komet Medical.